Sunday, August 19, 2012

Class 6 Week 8: Face and Hands on Po

This weekend I was able to add the hands and face animation onto Po.  Also took him out of stepped mode - this is where the extensive (and tedious) new blocking method REALLY paid off.  I just cleaned up the curves a bit and the animation was fully functional - I didn't "lose" much like you often do transferring from stepped to spline.

The biggest change I made was to Po's arms.  I had them to turned out before, he looked like he was always posturing strangely, and didn't fit with the mood of the shot at all.  Referencing some Po stuff at work I was able to get a better idea of keeping the arms "on model" during this shot.