Sunday, September 4, 2011

Class 3 Week 10: Pumpkin Polish


Well, lots of big improvements this week, especially in terms of storytelling.  Got a lot of comments from classmates about "Why?" is he picking up the pumpkin.  So I add the beat of him looking around and now choosing the pumpkin.  Having that one little bit of acting (the act of making a choice) REALLY helped inform the animation for the entire shot.  My mentor gave the idea that he should have the shaking knees and looking side-to-side.  Again, this really defined the character and made it a lot of fun to work with.

Just look at the amount of blinks alone!  I feel like this is the first time that I started to get some real character and personality conveyed thru the animation.

Otherwise, spent lots of time on technical fixes - biggest is I lessened the big breaking/stretching of the arms from last week.  Worked on fixing some out of balance poses in the first half, and starting to fix some interpenetration issues between the pumpkin and Stewie.  Started to block in some more specific hand and foot movements.  Lots still to polish - and I have to pack for an Alaskan cruise too!!!